If you are graduating in IT, maths, the sciences or engineering, or are a recent graduate with good programming skills then we would be pleased to talk to you.
Working for Graffica you will be working with fellow professionals developing your expertise and experience across the full software lifecycle, while also building a deep understanding of how Air Traffic Management and the Railways work. You will also have the prospect of occasional travel to our customers’ sites across the UK and Europe. In return, you’ll have Java programming and object-oriented design skills, be a good team worker and be able to liaise with clients successfully.
We are looking for current undergraduates or recent graduates who have:
- Good knowledge of Java or other programming languages such as C or C++.
- Good knowledge of object-orientated techniques.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills and able to express ideas clearly and concisely.
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- A keen interest in technology and prepared to develop their knowledge to fully understand our technical products and systems.
- Air Traffic Management and Railway operations skills would be useful but not essential – we’ll give you any necessary training.
You will get to work in a friendly environment with talented and inspirational colleagues, and for a graduate who shows the capability and ambition the opportunity to develop and progress quickly.
We will offer the opportunity for you to apply knowledge in a hands-on, commercial environment, contributing on projects, with real clients, and real bottom-line deliverables at an early stage. But you don’t need to worry, as both a Manager and Mentor will be there to lend their full support to enable you to gain as much as possible from this exposure. With our focus on delivery, rather than when and where you work, you will be able to flexibly work.
After 6 months we will review progress and develop a tailored development plan with you which is subsequently reviewed annually as part of our continual development and appraisal process. As part of this plan we will often involve previous graduates to provide mentoring and support to you. As you gain experience we can offer you the prospect to pursue a technically focused career in areas that really interest you, or you may prefer to combine this with a move into a team leading and management role.